Monday, November 10, 2014

The Gun Wire to Come Back Online



TheGunWire.com has been a popular aggregator website for firearms related stories.   Some of Gun Watch articles have been shared on the site.  About six weeks ago, the site just stopped updating.  No explanation was given.   I finally found some messages on gun forums saying that the site was down and done.

 Dave Workman is reporting that the site will be relaunched tomorrow, Monday, the 10th of November.   He implies that the site is run by one man,  founder of the site, Todd Bergin, and that it takes 70-90 hours a week of Todd's time.

It is easy for me to believe that much effort is involved.  Writing and researching articles for Gun Watch is a full time passion.    It is a lot for one person.   I hope that Todd finds a way to share the burden.   The Gun Wire has been a great resource, and I wish him well.

A competing site, TheGunFeed.com, picked up much of the slack while the Gun Wire was down.  


©2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
Link to Gun Watch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The math does not add up on that one. I have a hard time believing he is sitting at a computer for 10-12 hours 7-days a week.

Dean Weingarten said...

I don't. I have done close to that, though not for two years at a time.

If you have a passion, you are driven to accomplish things.

Of course, you take bathroom breaks, but I have often taken a snack or meal at my desk. I have started at 0430 some days, and stopped at 2030, that is 16 hours, but take a couple out for breaks. Even 14 hours 6 days a week comes to 84 hours.

These are not uncommon hours for small businessmen and people in the Military.

I have known a number of people who regularly only sleep for 4 hours a day, which gives them about 18 hours to work, with a couple for eating and personal showering.