Friday, October 14, 2016

Followup WA: Prosecutor to Reach Decision on Shooting of Confused Drunk inside Stranger's Home



“He got in the house, I don’t know how. Yeah, I just shot him. I shot him!” Chapman can be heard shouting on the 911 recording.

He’d come face-to-face with the intruder and fired one shot, killing Travis Yeates.

The highly intoxicated Hanford worker had pushed his way through an unlocked garage door into the wrong house.

“I don’t know who it is, OK. …,” Chapman told the officers just outside. “Oh geez. I don’t know, how did he get in my house?”

Franklin County Prosecutor Shawn Sant has yet to decide if the fatal shooting on June 10 was justified.

He told the Tri-City Herald a decision is coming soon. His office has been reviewing the case since early August when the autopsy report, lab test results and investigation reports were all handed over.


More Here

No comments: